How to look younger & more attractive
If you want beautiful, youthful skin, follow my 7 tips:
- Wash your face with cleanser in the morning and in the evening. Don’t forget to cleanse your face after you exercise to remove any sweat, salt, sunscreen and dirt. Even after you shower and wash your hair with soap, that alone won’t clean your face. Water and oil don’t mix so if your skin is greasy the water will slide right off. You want to wash your face before you go to sleep to remove any foundation, blush…etc. Your skin should be able to breathe at night so it has a chance to repair itself.
- Drink enough water throughout the day. Water will hydrate your skin too.
- Keep your face out of the sun. Sun exposure creates wrinkles, ruddiness, brown spots and dries out your skin. The sun’s rays also cause skin cancer. You don’t want to have portions of your face cut out. Yikes!
- Lose extra weight or gain weight. If you lose extra pounds your skin will be firmer and will make you look more youthful. If you are underweight, your cheeks will be too hollow, which is aging.
- Wear a modern hair style. If you have a feathered do, straight bangs, a mullet, or are teasing your hair, it will look like you’re stuck in the eighties and will age you. If you love your bangs, grow them a little longer and push them to the side for side bangs. Get rid of the dated hair accessories too. Those scrunchies and banana clips should have been tossed with the leg warmers and fluorescent half shirts.
- Don’t wear blue eye shadow…ever! Blue eye shadow was popular in the 1970s. It looked ghastly then and looks ridiculous now. Remove all eye make-up before you go to bed or you will end up with very puffy eyes in the morning. Don’t use moisturizer or Vaseline on your eyelids. The eyelids are very porous. Whatever you put on your lids will seep right onto your eyes. You don’t want your eye balls covered with greasy Vaseline.
- Don’t smoke and stay away from cigarette and cigar smoke. Smoking will cause your skin to appear gray and ashy and will cause deep wrinkles. It’s not a good look!
What you eat, drink and do to yourself has a direct impact on your skin. If you want youthful clear skin, then you’re going to have to work for it. It’s worth the effort.