Vegan Tacos with Coconut-Lime Yogurt
Mexican food typically doesn’t have a lot of fiber or vegetables; it’s usually beans, corn, flour, cheese, salsa and little bit of shredded lettuce. These tacos have lots of veggies, are low calorie, super tasty and 100% vegan. The best part is that they’re delicious!
- Corn tortillas, warmed in the oven (two per person)
- Chunky salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- 5.3 oz plain coconut yogurt mixed with 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Green or red hot sauce
Taco filling ingredients:
- Green bell pepper, seeded, cored and chopped
- Yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen white corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Sauté onion, bell pepper and zucchini in olive oil in a large fry pan until onion is translucent and bell pepper is softened. Add herbs and spices, black beans, and corn until warmed through. Place two warmed tortillas on a plate. Then, in the following order, add guacamole, taco filling, your favorite hot sauce (only if you like it spicy), salsa, and lime yogurt.
To re-heat, warm tortillas in the oven, and heat taco filling in the microwave for 60 seconds.
P.S. You can also follow me on Instagram @FitGirlUSA and check out my two cookbooks: Slimming Dairy-Free Desserts & Smoothies and The High-Five Diet.