Mint and Chip ice cream is one of my favorite desserts, but it’s full of sugar and fat, and who eats just ½ cup! I recreated it to make it healthy and high-protein, and is now my new breakfast.
- 1 ½ frozen banana chunks
- ¼ cup unsweetened, plain coconut milk (I use So Delicious)
- ¼ cup collagen protein powder (I use Great Lakes)
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 small piece mint chocolate
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 1/2 tsps unsweetened coconut flakes
Place small bowl that you are going to eat the sorbet in, the freezer. Leave the bowl in the freezer about 15 minutes. Put ingredients, except for the toppings, in a small food processor (see YouTube video below), until incorporated. Remove bowl from freezer, and add sorbet. Top with cacao nibs and coconut flakes. Eat right away since it melts really fast.
For more healthy desserts, check out my latest cookbook https://www.amazon.com/dp/0997665424/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1507756038&sr=1-1&keywords=slimming+Dairy-free+smoothies+and+desserts