Can’t eat this? Try this instead.
We are all different, and we all eat differently, which means some people may lack certain essential nutrients. An all-in-one supplement may have too little of a something and too much of another. Here’s a quick guide based on certain dietary restrictions, but it’s best to get a full blood panel to see where you are defficient.
Consume the following supplements/foods daily:
- Vegan Diet: 1000 mcg Vitamin B12 dissolvable tablets in the form of hydroxocobalamin
- Gluten-Free Diet: 200 mg magnesium glycinate
- Dairy-Free Diet: 500 mg calcium and 1000-5000 IU Vitamin D3
- Nut-Free: sunflower seeds or a multivitamin
- Picky Eater Diet (one that doesn’t eat vegetables): beans, peanuts, whole grains, sunflower seeds, oranges, tomatoes, avocado, or 1000 mcg L-5 methyltethrahydrofolate, or Metafolin
- Fish-Free Diet: walnuts, flaxseed, hemp and chia seeds
*Source: McCulloch RD, Marsha. “Skipping that? Eat this.” Delicious Living March 2018. Pages: 25-29. Print.