If you like sweet treats with licorice and chocolate notes, you’ll enjoy this low calorie snack, or mini meal. I’ll have this as my pre-workout drink. I use carob instead of cocoa powder because it’s sweeter and has a creamier consistency when blended.
High-protein, dairy-free, chocolate-licorice smoothie
- raw fennel stalk (save the bulb for a salad or soup), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 T carob powder
- ½ cup frozen green grapes
- ½ frozen banana, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ cup plain collagen protein powder (vegan protein powder: https://plantfusion.com/products/complete-plant-collagen-builder?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=collagen-builder&utm_term=plantfusion%20collagen&gclid=Cj0KCQjw54iXBhCXARIsADWpsG9n6K8rSUtjv8QYLzGD0d51RhoTb2Ru4ylTxNlo6quIGJO_qKd6yDsaAsNIEALw_wcB
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I use Sprouts)
Blend ingredients in the order above. Mix with a large spoon and put in the freezer for 2 minutes. Remove from the freezer, stir with large spoon and drink right away.
Calories: 247 gross carbs: 30 fat: 3 grams protein: 26 grams