Sugar-Free Candy-Crunch, Dairy-Free Milkshake
This lower-carb, low-calorie, high-protein shake, tastes like a decadent dessert, but it’s actually good for you. I use this as my pre-workout fuel, but it’s a great nutritious snack too. To turn it into a mini-meal, use 1 frozen banana instead of half a banana, which only adds an additional 50 calories and 15 grams of healthy whole-food carbohydrates.
Sugar-Free, Candy-Crunch, Dairy-Free Milkshake
- 2 dried figs, chopped (don’t omit, it’s what makes it sweet and unique)
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- splash of cold filtered coffee
- ¼ cup collagen protein powder (I use Great Lakes)
- 5 grams creatine monohydrate (optional)
- ½ banana, frozen, broken into 1-inch pieces
- ¼- 1/3 cup ice
Add all ingredients, except for the banana and ice, and blend for 30 seconds. Add banana and ice, and blend for 10 seconds. Mix with spoon. Blend for another 10 seconds to fully incorporate all ingredients. That’s it! You can eat this with a spoon, or sip it.
Nutritional information: Calories: 255 Carbs: 30 Protein: 20 grams