High-Protein, Dairy-Free Coffee Sorbet
This light and creamy, decadent sorbet has a tiny caffeine kick, a touch of sweetness from the banana, protein from collagen (or just use vegan vanilla protein powder), and healthy fat from nuts. I eat this as my pre-workout fuel, or when I want a healthy, sweet treat.
Dairy-Free Coffee Sorbet
- 1½ frozen banana chunks, broken into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup cold, filtered coffee
- 1 tsp almond or peanut butter, creamy, unsalted
- 3 T collagen protein powder, level
- 1 T chopped walnuts (topping)
Place all ingredients in the order above, except for the walnuts, into a small food processor until creamy. Pour into a small bowl and place in the freezer for about five minutes. Take out of the freezer. Sprinkle walnuts on top, and eat with a spoon.
Nutritional information: Calories: 300 Net carbs: 45 grams Protein: 20 grams