How to get motivated to exercise
If you have a hard time getting motivated to workout, follow these steps:
- Put on a comfortable exercise outfit that makes you feel good. I’ve had clients come to the gym in jeans, which isn’t good for lower body exercises since they don’t stretch. Wearing clothes specifically made for exercise, that fits you well and looks good on you, will also help you get going.
- Plan your workout by picking the exercises, how many of each exercise you plan to do, and how many sets. Are you going to do 1 set of 10 reps, or maybe 3 sets of 15 reps (plan in advance so you don’t cheat!). I’m using my Weight Lifting Record book; you can order your copy from www.thehighfivediet.com
- Pick the days you plan to work out and notate it on your calendar
- Pick the start and end time of your workout, that way you won’t end up with a 10-minute workout when your goal was 45 minutes.
- Pick your favorite music to dance 💃 to
When I plan my workouts, I can’t wait to do them. Let me know if these tips have helped you. You can also follow me on Instagram @fitgirlusa