Iron-rich, green tropical smoothie
Iron deficiency is a big problem for a lot of people, and most of the green smoothies I’ve tried taste like grass, so I created a green smoothie that’s not only tasty, but also rich in iron and vitamin C. It’s a wonderful, refreshingly sweet breakfast drink, or a mid-day healthy treat.
Iron-rich green tropical smoothie
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- ½ cup pineapple, frozen, diced
- 1 cup almond/coconut milk, unsweetened
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Plain or vanilla vegan protein powder, unsweetened (optional. Note: if you don’t add protein, add a dash of salt)
- Handful of washed fresh spinach
Add ingredients in the order above into a medium-sized blender cup, and blend for about 15 seconds. Stir with a spoon, and drink slowly. Enjoy every last drop.
315 calories (+ protein powder calories, if using) 45 grams carbs