How to lose weight without dieting or exercise (seven weight loss strategies for 2021)
(if you are viewing this on email or on social media, please visit site at http://www.realdiethelp.com for the most updated version of this post; it looks better, and it shows me an accurate count of views)
People are looking for easier ways to lose weight, and for many, exercise is painful, either due to a medical condition, or an injury. For those with certain preexisting conditions, exercise is not an option until they lose weight, their body is healed, or their pain level is reduced.
People have more challenges with dieting because that requires a mental adjustment, omitting or eliminating the foods they enjoy, preparing homemade meals when they are exhausted from work and don’t have the energy or time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner from scratch. Dieting means spending more money on healthy foods, when you may not have the means to do so, especially now since so many people have lost their jobs, or have been forced by their employers to take a pay cut.
Is it possible to lose weight, get rid of excess belly fat, reduce hip rolls and slim thunder thighs, without dieting or exercise? The answer to that question is yes, but you’ll still need to make changes. Results don’t happen without action. Keep reading, or scroll to the bottom of this post to watch the video I created on this subject.
Here’s seven effective weight loss strategies that don’t require exercise or adjustments to your diet (although, I’m a big proponent of both for a healthy body).
7 weight loss strategies without dieting or exercise
- Don’t use any products that contain parabens. Parabens are used in products as preservatives. They are found in hair sprays, cosmetics, lotions, shampoo, hair gels, and shaving cream, to name a few. Parabens are endocrine disruptors and are classified as obesogens. They damage our cells, and one of the side effects is they make us fat. Read the product labels and look for words that contain “paraben.” Throw those products away and replace them with products that are paraben-free.
- Don’t use any products that contain perfume, parfum, or fragrances. Scented products are a combination of chemicals. If you are constantly putting chemicals into your body, via either through the nose, such as breathing it in, eating it, or putting chemicals on your skin, those chemicals get absorbed. Our liver metabolizes fat, but the liver prioritizes removing harmful items first. So, if you keep putting poison into your body, metabolizing fat is going to be on the bottom of the list. If you want to add a scent to your products, on your skin, or to your clothes, use certified organic essential oils.
- Don’t consume any foods that contain natural flavors. Natural flavors are combinations of chemicals. The word “natural” is a sales term, it has no actual rules or regulations tied to it. The term “natural flavors” is in numerous foods, like protein powders, crackers, cookies, ice cream, to give a few examples. Manufactures create chemicals in a lab to make synthetic vanilla, because vanilla is expensive and it’s cheaper to use chemicals. They make hundreds of chemical concoctions to replicate real food for the sole purpose of saving money. The only natural flavoring that’s safe to consume is when the words “certified organic” precedes it.
- Place your meals on smaller plates. We eat with our eyes so if we put an adequate portion of food on a large plate, we may think we’re not eating enough. In our society, we’ve been taught to fill and clean our plates. By putting our meals on smaller plates, this solves those issues. The only exemption is if you’re filling your plate with greens.
- Don’t eat after 7pm. This is a form of intermittent fasting. At night we tend to overeat and grab sweet and salty snacks, like ice cream and chips, so if we cut off access to foods before those cravings kick in, we’re reducing calories from high fat, unhealthy foods.
- Wait 20 minutes after a meal before eating again. Our brain takes 20 minutes to register that we are full. This is one explanation as to why people overeat. Once we feel full, it’s less likely we will keep eating.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps you lose weight because water fills you up. A lot of time our bodies tell us we’re hungry, when we’re actually dehydrated. Drink water all day long, in between meals, during a meal, and at night. A good rule of thumb is to drink your weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, try to drink 150 ounces of water in a 24-hour period.
I have more effective fat loss strategies, which can be found in chapter 4 of my book The High Five Diet www.thehighfivediet.com titled “Weight Loss Products & Treatments.”
I created a video specifically on this subject. Click the play button on the YouTube video below to watch it.
7 weight loss strategies without dieting or exercise
- Don’t use any products that contain parabens.
- Don’t use any products that contain perfume, parfum, or fragrances.
- Don’t consume any foods that contain natural flavors.
- Place your meals on smaller plates.
- Don’t eat after 7pm. This is a form of intermittent fasting.
- Wait 20 minutes after a meal before eating again.
- Stay hydrated with water by drinking your body weight in ounces, daily.
photo: me taking a selfie. I’m leaner now than the cover photo of my book because I wanted to promote a healthy weight, instead of skinny. I find it appalling and harmful that so many weight loss books and programs show ridiculously thin women as the ideal sexy look (it’s not).
P.S. This is my 859th blog! I’ve been publishing blog posts on this platform, consistently for over seven years now. I can’t believe it’s been that long. To prevent burnout, and to provide helpful, interesting, educational, unique content, I’ll be posting blogs once a week from now on instead of twice a week.
I don’t make any money on this platform. If you’d like to donate to my page, to cover website fees, click the PayPal link below. Any amount is welcome, no matter how small. Thank you!