Cardio HIIT abs (all-in-one)
I combined an intense cardio HIIT session with an ab workout, into a quick 20-minute routine. Scroll down to start the YouTube workout now.
Your abs, core, heart, low back and shoulders are getting strengthening moves in this follow-along video. We go from standing exercises to floor exercises, because when you go up and down off the floor, it’s harder and more cardiovascular, so you’re burning more calories.
I’ve chosen exercises that are gentler for those that have weaker abs and/or low-back pain.
If you have knee pain, or knee issues, keep feet on the ground during the jumping exercises.
There are 16 different exercises, all performed for 30 seconds. I’ve also included a warm-up and stretches at the end.
Here is the list of (cardio-abs) cardio and abdominal exercises, in order:
- Standing alternating knee lifts with circle-eight arms (warm-up)
- Plank with alternating hand taps to the front of the hips, with hand taps to the side hips/side butt
- Wacky jacks
- Bear crawl
- Front kicks with a flexed foot
- Plank with alternating toe taps
- Jump rope
- Rocking plank
- Fast feet
- Mountain climbers
- Standing ab crunches
- Side plank with elbow to knee
- 2 alternating repeater knees
- Elbow side plank with an oblique twist by bringing the elbow towards the floor
- Prone leg lifts, singles, then doubles
Stand and stretch
I check it out one day, great way to do cardio.