healthy vegan, breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes
What is healthy food, and what’s unhealthy food, varies depending on who you listen to and based on what you read, but the science is clear, a diet that is low in fat, that limits or eliminates dairy, oils, alcohol, processed foods, sugar, flours, fish, meat, and chicken, is what will benefit and heal your body, keep you slim, and protect you from diseases and illness.
So, now you know what not to eat, you may ask, what should I eat? Below are 14 low-fat, plant-based, vegan meal ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Watch the video below to learn why I don’t use oil, how to sauté foods without oil, which foods are better than others, and why. Then print out the recipes and meal ideas below.
- Tofu scrambled eggs with onions, red bell pepper slices, cilantro, hot sauce served with a side of baked potatoes. Omit the oil in this recipe: https://realdiethelp.com/2019/11/07/tofu-scramble-with-roasted-potatoes/
- Fruit smoothie with unsweetened almond milk and one or more frozen bananas https://realdiethelp.com/2020/08/11/iron-rich-green-tropical-smoothie/
- Oat groats soaked overnight and cooked the following day in water. After the oats are cooked and ready to eat, add 1 cup of cooked oat groats, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, and a splash of fresh lemon juice. Stir with spoon.
- Fruit salad with mixed greens, apple, nectarine, sliced red bell pepper, beans, topped with 1-2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and some chopped walnuts
- Buddha bowl with quinoa, salad greens, baked diced sweet potato, chickpeas, avocado. Drizzle tahini dressing on top.
- Southwest salad with black beans, corn, rice, red onions, cilantro, sliced red peppers, hot sauce and a dollop of guacamole.
- Black bean soup with red onions, black beans, green chilies, hot sauce, cilantro
- Vegetable soup. Use any combination of beans, cabbage, spinach, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, corn, peas, tomatoes, herbs, spices, peppers.
- Sugar snap peas alone or with homemade hummus (garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, herbs)
- Celery with nut butter
- Spaghetti zoodles with tomato sauce: Zucchini noodles with marinara sauce
- Spaghetti sauce puttanesca. Omit the oil and use coconut aminos instead of sugar. Recipe: https://www.sandiegomagazine.com/the-power-of-a-plant-based-diet/article_1f6badc1-3914-5faa-b60b-b1379130b071.html#spaghetti
- Tofu and broccoli stir fry with green onions, slivered yellow onions, sugar snap peas, bok choy, napa cabbage, with coconut aminos
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Baked sweet potatoes filled with black beans, red onions. Top with cilantro, hot sauce, sliced red bell peppers, guacamole
Limiting fat is essential to weight loss, heart health, and blood sugar control, which is one of the many reasons why I no longer eat fish, oil, meat, chicken, and processed foods. When people also give up dairy, they lose excess weight, have better digestion, their skin clears up, and their autoimmune diseases go away. If you would like to learn more, and transition to a low-fat, plant-based diet, order The High-Five Diet book by clicking on the image below: