full bodyweight beginner strength workout with glute band (21-minute workout video)
written by Nina Shantel, blog: RealDietHelp.com, published May 24, 2022
In this 21-minute full bodyweight beginner strength workout, all you’ll need is a glute band, also referred to as a booty band. If you don’t have a glute band, that’s okay, you can still do the exercises without it.
The workout begins with a hip/glute strengthener on the mat, followed by the exercises below, in order:
- 15 banded clamshells, each side
- 15 Quadruped hamstring curls, each leg
- 16 banded squats with a side tap
- 15 Long-leg glute bridges to target the hamstrings
- Plank with push-up hold for 10 seconds, 2 sets
- 1-minute continuous narrow and wide standing rows to target the back muscles
- 20 calf-raises at a normal pace plus 5 quick calf-raises
- 1-minute kneeling lateral bent- arm raises. Resist as you bring the arms upward, lower slowly to increase strength. End with shoulder rolls.
- 10 standing crunches, alternating between upper/lower abs and obliques curls, each side. 2 sets for a total of 20 on each side.
- 10 good mornings with hands by the ears, to stretch the hamstrings and strengthen the low back
- Quad balance/stretch, each side
The workout ends with these gentle stretches: back bend with hands behind the low back to stretch the pectoral muscles, standing back stretch, standing cat-cow, finishing with a standing figure-four glute stretch.
Press the play button on the YouTube video below to start your workout
If this post is located on any other website other than mine, which is RealDietHelp.com, it’s been unauthorized, plagiarized (copied without my permission). The other social media sites where my articles and videos are approved to be published are on my YouTube channel (Nina’s Nutrition & Exercise Videos), my Fit Girl Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheHighFiveDiet/ and my Twitter account https://twitter.com/medairyfree