how to make crispy corn tortilla chips without oil
written by Nina Shantel, blog: RealDietHelp.com, published August 23, 2022
I love crunchy, salty, crispy tortilla chips, but it’s so hard to stop eating them, and the oil they are fried in along with not being able to control my portions, makes my blood sugar and weight go up, so I stopped eating them until now because my husband makes the most delicious, oil-free baked tortilla chips. Let me show you how he makes it.
Crispy Baked Oil-Free Corn Tortilla Chips
- Take out however many corn tortillas you want to eat right away.
- Wash the tortillas in water briefly. Shake off any excess water.
- Stack tortillas on top of one another onto a cutting board and slice down the middle. Turn tortillas half-way around and slice down again. Watch video to see how we make 8 triangle-shaped chips.
- Place tortillas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Place baking sheet on the middle rack in a cold oven. Close oven door.
- Turn oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Check tortillas every 5 minutes to see how they are cooking. Some people may like chewier chips, but I like mine very crispy, so it usually takes 15 minutes to crisp mine up. Don’t flip them. Serve warm.
I compared one of my favorite tortilla chips, from Late July, which contain sunflower oil.
Two ounces of their tortilla chips is 260 calories and 12 grams of fat. That’s a lot of fat, and chips are usually just a side or snack!
I try to limit my fat grams to 10 grams per meal.
The tortilla chips we make contains no oil, 2.4 ounces, so you get more chips, is 180 calories and only 2 grams of fat.
I’ll be making a video on how to sauté without oil and if you want healthy recipes, check out my book The High-Five Diet. At the video’s end screen, I’ll link my recipe playlist and a workout you might enjoy because you can’t just eat your way to health, you’ve got to move too!
If this post is located on any other website other than mine, which is RealDietHelp.com, it’s been unauthorized, plagiarized (copied without my permission). The other social media sites where my articles and videos are approved to be published are on my YouTube channel (Nina’s Nutrition & Exercise Videos), my Fit Girl Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheHighFiveDiet/ and my Twitter account https://twitter.com/medairyfree