Light Asian Coleslaw with Tahini Dressing
This coleslaw, it’s really a salad, is not only healthy and light, it’s also flavorful with very few calories. The cilantro and mint give it a wonderful freshness. I use light vegan mayonnaise (1 T= 35 kcal) instead of oil (1 T = 125 kcal) because the calorie difference is huge. I saved 180 calories in this recipe just with this one swap! I used my mixer with three of the different attachments to shred, grate and mix the dressing, so it was really fast and easy to make.
- 1 small green cabbage, shredded
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons tahini, level
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid Truvia (or use honey or more maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light vegan mayo
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (any type of vinegar should do)
- A few dashes of each: garlic powder, salt, black pepper
Optional toppings for each person:
- 1 tablespoon roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ of an apple (peeled, cored, and sliced) or 1 small tangerine, peeled
In a large glass bowl, toss salad ingredients together. In a small bowl, or small mixer, blend dressing ingredients until incorporated. Spoon dressing onto salad. Using your hands (I put on gloves), massage dressing into the salad so that the cabbage, bell peppers and cilantro are coated. Give each person a large helping of the coleslaw, and top with peanuts. Arrange the apple, or tangerine segments around the plate. Lastly, sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Best eaten, same day.
P.S. You can also follow me on Instagram @FitGirlUSA and check out my products and services on my site at: http://www.thehighfivediet.com
Pingback: Light Asian Coleslaw with Tahini Dressing — Diet Tips You Can Actually Use – THE BIG BUCK HUNTER 2018