Full strength workout with glute loop band & weights (45 minute strength workout video)
written by Nina Shantel, blog: RealDietHelp.com, published June 14, 2022
For this 45-minute beginner full body strength workout, you’ll want to get a chair, a glute band, a medium-sized towel, 2 sets of hand weights (1 set of 8-15 lb light dumbbells, and 1 set of 1-2 lb dumbbells), a mat, and 16 ounces of water or tea.
You can make this an intermediate or even an advanced workout by using heavier weights and following the more difficult modifications (full workout video at the bottom of this post).
Here are the 16 exercises performed in this workout, in order:
1. quadruped hip circles, forwards and backwards. 24 reps (12 each direction).
2. double-leg banded box squat with leg extensions. 10 reps. Advanced: single leg
3. double-leg, wide stance deadlifts. 15 reps. Advanced: add weights
4. 30 second calf raise pulses with finger flicks, followed by 10 full calf raises
5. single-leg hip thrust on chair (you can also do these on the edge of a couch). 10 reps. Advanced: add one heavy dumbbell
6. barbell-style dumbbell squats with towel rolled under heels. 10 reps.
7. quadruped banded hamstring curls. Place band on upper thighs. 15 reps.
8. three-way calf raises with dumbbells: 15 parallel calf raises, plus 12 calf raises with heels together with toes out, ending with 10 pigeon-toe calf raises.
9. cobra pose to child’s pose, round upper back to plank, repeat. 8 reps. This exercise works the shoulders, triceps and chest muscles.
10. bent-over rows. Two lat rows, two wide upper back rows. 20 reps.
11. figure eight arms with 1-2lb weights.
12. plank with knee-taps. 20 reps (10 per side)
13. side push-ups, 12 reps.
14. biceps hammer curl to supinated curl. 15 reps. I’m using 8lb weights.
15. plank to quadruped hover hold.
16. superman alternating leg and arm hold.
The workout ends with stretches for the entire body with tips on what foods to eat and which foods to avoid to lose bodyfat.
Click the play button on the YouTube video below to start this 45-minute strength workout
If this post is located on any other website other than mine, which is RealDietHelp.com, it’s been unauthorized, plagiarized (copied without my permission). The other social media sites where my articles and videos are approved to be published are on my YouTube channel (Nina’s Nutrition & Exercise Videos), my Fit Girl Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheHighFiveDiet/ and my Twitter account https://twitter.com/medairyfree